Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Getting started

Hi, I'm the Gas Bandit. I'm a gamer, through and through. I favor mostly PC gaming, though I love a good round of Soulcalibur with friends as much as anyone. As such, most of what I'll talk about has to do with PC gaming, with maybe the odd rare console gaming tidbit snuck in. I like MMO (Massively Multiplayer online) games, Real-Time Strategy games, First Person Shooters, Arcade style games, Flight/Space sims, turn-based strategy games, pretty much anything aside from Sports sims. When I feel like tossing a football around, I go outside.

I'm a very opinionated guy. I also have a generally dim view of my fellow gamers, and indeed, most of humanity in general. I tend to be a little harsh and cynical in my interpretation of... well, just about everything. But that's just the way I am. Some have suggested my love of MMO games is an amusingly ironic counterpoint to the fact that I can barely tolerate other people.

I've played a good 90% of the PC games that have hit the market since 1990, and still spend much of my time on them today. My MMO experience goes thusly: Meridian 59, Ultima Online, Everquest, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, RF Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

I invite you to read or not as you see fit, as I talk about whatever suits me in the way of PC gaming.

No comments: