Thursday, April 26, 2007

Launchcast Keeps Turning Crappier and Crappier

I'm a launchcast plus subscriber. I pay my 3 bucks a month to listen to high-quality streaming music, selected by a computer based upon a system of ratings that I fill in as it goes. I'm pretty happy with the selection of music it plays, as I have thousands of ratings telling launchcast what I like and what I don't.

But somebody's back there asleep at the switch.

It's gotten so the thing only works half the time. It doesn't work at all under firefox, so I have to keep IE around to listen to it. Even then, it fails to launch around half the time, and it is plagued by technical problems. Maybe it will play the music but not load the ratings and song title or artist. Maybe it will cut off in the middle of the song, and when that happens, it may or may not start playing the next song. Sometimes it just gives up altogether and you have to re-launch the whole thing from the get-go.

Sometimes the skip button doesn't work. Sometimes hitting the skip button causes it to get locked in an infinite skip loop, skipping song after song after song.

Is there anybody at all in the QC department over at yahoo music, or what?

No comments: