Friday, January 09, 2009

Games I played when I should have been blogging roundup

Left 4 Dead - A+. Excellent cooperative zombie horror experience. Great replayability. Best played with friends.

Fallout 3 - A. A very good post apocalyptic FPS/RPG hybrid. Decent story, lots of side quests, completely open ended. Some minor annoyances.

Call of Duty 5: World at war - A-. Nice game. Kinda short. Excellent Co-op. Limited color pallette, "real is brown" and bloom abuse.

Grand Theft Auto 4 (PC): A. Extremely good job porting to PC from console. Annoying that I have to load rockstar social club and games for windows live to play. Some ugly models, but a great next step in the series. I especially like the GPS in every car so I don't have to memorize a million damn streets in a completely fictional city.

Forumwarz: B+. Pretty cool free online RPG based on forum flame wars. Have to pay 10 bucks for the second half of the game, but first half is free. Very addictive. Kind of in the same vein as Urban Dead or Kingdom of Loathing.

That'll do for now. Hopefully I can get back to full review structure shortly.

No comments: