Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I Don't Like Raids.

Attended my first guild raid in AOC yesterday night. To cut a long story short, I never liked any sort of "endgame PVE raid" content. To me it's stupid. Devs may give a mob 10x damage and 50 times HP and say they're "forcing players to use strategy," but they're not. Any content that requires 24 people to do the same thing that 6 or 2 or even 1 person do in different content, so that maybe 2 or 3 people on that raid can get a single piece of awesome gear, is an infuriating waste of time.

The problem is, MY favorite endgame is the PvP... and you know that the bastards who went through the rigamarole of getting their raid-level gear are going to be the ones easymoding their way to victory because the gear is just that awesome. So if I want to be able to compete, I have to go on these PVE raids 50 times and wait my turn to loot... because no amount of real strategy or "skill" overcomes a guy fully decked out in raid gear.

Ugh.

I miss DAOC's system, where the best gear hands down was player-crafted. Then everybody had access. I miss the system, but I can't go back. That era is passed.

No comments: